Object Detail


Brief description
Base and partial side of a small oval bottle, base marked "ACM T.205".

This artefact was discovered in an archaeological investigation in 1989 encompassing the foreshores of the Parramatta River from Arthur Street to Charles Street Wharf, from the Gasworks Bridge to Morton Street, land on George Street between Harris and Purchase Streets. The site has a varied history with the wharf landing in existence from 1788, and barracks, stores, granaries, a mens’ asylum, a mill and cloth factory all being in evidence at times between 1788 and the 1930s.
Media/Materials
Glass
Subject category

Colours


Share