Parramatta Golf Club memorabilia
See full details
History of the Golf Club: The present layout, near the railway line and just along from the thriving Westfield Parramatta shopping centre, came about in 1954 when the Fox Hills (Wentworthville) professional Bill Kaye-Smith, who managed a driving range on the present course, approached the Parramatta Park Trust for permission to build two par threes for range patrons to practice their short games.
The Trust instead decided a nine-hole course there would best serve the community of Parramatta.
The club continued to operate the nine-hole layout and driving range for more than 50 years but with declining membership in recent years, just 230 members remain, the club was placed into voluntary administration when it closed its gates for the last time 13 April 2015.
For interest: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/parramatta/parramatta-golf-club-closure-could-make-way-for-powerhouse-museum/news-story/e000a89c30c86046b9f4ee3a2d7246ec
3 x Uniform T-Shirts
1 x golf glove
1 x golf ball
2 x key ring pendents
2 x fixture books
2 x membership fees
1 x envelope containing 2 x membership cards, 8 x receipts & 1 x proof of memebrship card
9 x score cards
(see next tab for details - 2020.002.1 - 13)
Glove: 210 x 130 mm
Ball: 40mm diam.
keyring pendent: 30 x 20mm
keyring: 50 x 25mm
6 x yellow score cards: 200 x 80mm (closed); 200 x 60mm (open)
3 x white score cards: 150 x 100mm (closed); 150 x 205mm (open)
membership fee document (no envelope): 255 x 205mm
membership fee document (with envelope): 300 x 210mm; envelope: 300 x 100mm
2 x handicap cards: 85 x 55mm
8 x receipts: 112 x 85mm
Proof of Membership card: 115 x 78mm