Parramatta Court House, also known as the Old Court House and Parramatta's second court house, between 1857 and 1880
Image features a front and side view of an imposing sandstone building of the Greek Revival style, with fluted columns of the Doric order. The building is enclosed by a high iron picket fence. This little photograph was taken between 1857 and 1880, the time frame that the photographer Christopher Tuke occupied his studio in Parramatta. The photographing method - Albumen paper print on a carte-de-visite is also consistent with this date ran
This work has been assisted with funds received from the New South Wales Centenary of Federation Committee.